You, a user of our ‘wmps.ca’ website (the “Website”), give consent to WMPS to collect, hold, disclose, and use your personal information submitted through the Website. The consent is given by registering your contact details, other personal information, or by engaging in other forms of communication with WMPS.
No further consent is required, but consent to the storage and processing of personal information you have provided to WMPS can be revoked at any time by contacting us. Further, you can access information held about you by WMPS at any time upon notifying WMPS of the information you wish access to, and payment of a reasonable fee as provided by provincial and federal legislation.
Types of Data
WMPS collects, holds and makes use of two main types of data: (1) Use Data, and (2) Personal Data.
(1) Use Data does not contain personal data or other personally identifiable information about you. The Website, its servers, or other service providers, may collect information indirectly and automatically about your activities while visiting the Website, such as the IP address accessing the website, what pages are viewed, the times spent on a page, and browser information. WMPS uses this data for internal purposes to better understand how visitors interact with the Website for administrative purposes and to improve the user’s experience.
In any case where Use Data is stored along with your Personal Data, it will be treated in the same way as Personal Data.
(2) Personal Data includes the information that a visitor may provide when making use of the Website. This includes your name, address, payment information, and any personal information you add to a registered account when making use of the Website and its services. We take the collection, storage and use of Personal Data very seriously, and will use industry standard security mechanisms to protect your Personal Data.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not use the personal account features and services of the Website without adult accompaniment.
How We Use your Data
We use the data collected for the purpose of providing and developing the WMPS services.
Provision of Services: We use your Personal Data in providing our recruitment services, such as by actively matching employers with suitable candidates. This necessitates disclosing certain elements of your Personal Data with third parties, but is strictly limited only to the provision of the recruitment services. Your Personal Data will never be shared with third parties accept in the course of providing users with the recruitment services.
Communications: We may use your Personal Data in direct marketing and for communicating with users, unless you let us know that you do not wish to receive such marketing or other communications, either by not opting-in to such communications on registering, unsubscribing upon receiving any communication from us, or managing your registered account settings on the Website. Personal Data can be also used for contacting you if required for the provision of services, in accordance with applicable laws.
Disclosure to Non-User Third Parties
As noted above, WMPS uses third party service providers (ìHosting Providersî) for hosting the service and storing the information collected from you and other users. Apart from Hosting Providers, WMPS does not disclose your Personal Data to non-user third parties unless:
1. You have provided us with your express opt-in consent for doing so;
3. The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud or security breaches; or,
4. Applicable law requires us to disclose it .
We may share aggregate anonymous Use Data (provided that it does not contain any Personal Data) to select third parties, in accordance with this policy.
WMPS understands and recognizes the goal of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (or “CASL”). Regarding the sending of email and other electronic communications, WMPS operates under an opt-in consent approach. Users are asked to opt-in upon registering for the site, and can unsubscribe at any time. This policy applies to all electronic communications that do not fall into the various exceptions set out in CASL. For more information, please see the Government of Canada’s information website on CASL.
Changes to the Policy
WMPS reserves the right to update this privacy at any time without notice beforehand. We will post a notification on the main page of the Websites if revisions to this policy are made. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protection the personal information we collect, but staying aware of any modifications is ultimately your responsibility.
Wawasakonese ManPower Services Inc.
106 Back Street
Fort William First Nation
Ontario, P7J 1K5
Email: Please visit our Contact Us page.